(under reptilian serveilance since 2008)

You are not logged in.

ridge walker

Tabbycat

Now a women arrested for carring a union flag in Oldham youtube video

dazzler

27.May.13 12:26:44 | Post #1 |

Just heard that a white women got arrested for carrying a Union Jack flag in Oldham so she did not upset the muslims. The whole thing was filmed and the video on youtube

This madness must stop this is supposed to be England

Daz

SuperG

27.May.13 12:30:27 | Post #2 |

Totally false. See here.
http://www.iloveroyton.com/post/5142632 … -in-oldham

Engage your brain before deciding that something is true.
Do your research. Find out the context.

[citation needed]

dazzler

27.May.13 12:41:56 | Post #3 |

Its not false look at the video. Can it be put on here so everyone can see and

Daz

SuperG

27.May.13 12:54:17 | Post #4 |

Yes of course.
Look at 2:18 and you'll see the flag had words printed on the back. Those words were the reason for the police stepping in.

Police don't arrest people for carrying our national flag. That just doesn't happen.

[citation needed]

MPDawse

27.May.13 13:17:15 | Post #5 |

It's impossible to be arrested for "carrying a union flag" in Oldham. Or anywhere else in the UK for that matter. Because - rather unsurprisingly - it's not a criminal offence.

Where the picture might become blurred is if the display of a flag is part of a wider attempt at a public order offence - say, for example, if the flag has slogans on it that might be described as an attempt to incite racial hatred or the group of people involved are seeking to commit a public order offence themselves whilst carrying such a flag. The point being, the flag itself is not the problem.

My understanding is that the woman in question had the offending flag confiscated and was given a talking to. Which means the only accurate part of the subject header here is that this incident happened in Oldham. And it's on youtube.

"You're better than cool, you're warm..."

SuperG

27.May.13 13:23:16 | Post #6 |

Sadly the lie has gone viral as a truth.

[citation needed]

katboo

27.May.13 13:26:49 | Post #7 |

oh dear  sad

be yourself..everyone else is taken  !!!

Barleycorn

27.May.13 14:39:37 | Post #8 |

Convicted foreign terrorist and mass murderer revealed to have links to groups in UK.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne … eague.html

So... man with extreme religious views declares war on a different religion, kills innocent people to 'make his point' and has links to extremist group in other countries.   

Sounds familiar.

SuperG

27.May.13 15:47:36 | Post #9 |

Im trying to spread this screengrab that I just made around Twitter to help put this stupid false claim to bed
BLSHj1GCMAEUPzJ.jpg:large

[citation needed]

MPDawse

27.May.13 15:54:11 | Post #10 |

SuperG wrote:

Im trying to spread this screengrab that I just made around Twitter to help put this stupid false claim to bed
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BLSHj1GCMAEUPzJ.jpg:large

Good work, fella...

SuperG

27.May.13 16:42:28 | Post #11 |

40+ shares on Facebook so far for the image.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=578787732161674

[citation needed]

dazzler

27.May.13 20:23:56 | Post #12 |

If its ok for muslims to chant and hold banners that say british police and soldiers should BURN IN HELL then its ok for an Oldham lass to hold a banner that says no more mosques.

I reckon that's fair enough

Daz

dazzler

27.May.13 20:27:57 | Post #13 |

Watch this video and compare this with the Oldham lass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psZBaJU_Cvo

Daz

SuperG

27.May.13 20:47:12 | Post #14 |

dazzler wrote:

Watch this video and compare this with the Oldham lass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psZBaJU_Cvo

I saw that the other day.
What do you feel is the worst thing that those protestors said?
That british police should go to hell?

[citation needed]

Barleycorn

27.May.13 21:04:39 | Post #15 |

dazzler wrote:

If its ok for muslims to chant and hold banners that say british police and soldiers should BURN IN HELL then its ok for an Oldham lass to hold a banner that says no more mosques.

I reckon that's fair enough

Well, neither is OK with me - and I reckon that's fairer all round.

PhotoRes

28.May.13 13:16:47 | Post #16 |

I was horrified watching Dazz's clip, far worse than the Oldham woman one which is just a nonsense. I have to say I'm glad of my age because Britain is truly on it's way to an irrecoverable change probably like other countries too. Many of us try to shy away from it and deny these protests and what people say. If the racist stick is used by our government to quell only whites we are on a very slippery slope. I'm not racist, just frightened.
This video has some dignity and not meant to be provocative that I can tell. This guy speaks for me in a way though I don't agree with everything he says http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxlO7DLC … e=youtu.be Give the clip a chance, don't switch off straight away.

Always remember you're unique. Just like everyone else.

The Chief

28.May.13 13:29:53 | Post #17 |

PhotoRes wrote:

I'm not racist, just frightened.

This 100% and I suspect how most people feel.
Is it racist to be scared or frightened and see the country you was brought up and raised in being turned into a country who's beliefs and ideologies are totally alien to your own.

The problem is too many people who stand up and say they're scared or raise issue with immigration are being branded with the big racist stick and this is wrong.

Be happy - You'll live longer

SuperG

28.May.13 13:51:32 | Post #18 |

I'm not frightened. I'm excited at the prospect of mingling with anyone who is different from the norm.
Variety is the spice of life. Anyone who is different from you has the potential to educate you.

I've seen a few of that blokes videos PR and I'm always impressed by his presentations and wonder how he isn't on TV

[citation needed]

dazzler

28.May.13 17:34:39 | Post #19 |

Photores and Chief you are both dead right. We are seeing our town eaten away and changed into a Pakistani version of Oldham. And I have got nothing against Pakistan but it sure aint the country I want my kids to grow up in. And thats who we all fear for isn't it, the kids what kind of place are they going to grow up in

The Pakistani have got nothing in common with out culture or history. They eat their own food, have their own cloths, their own laws, their own language. its an alien culture like someone else said

Daz

SuperG

28.May.13 17:45:21 | Post #20 |

The Pakistani have got nothing in common with out culture or history.

Far too general a statement.
Stop thinking lazy. Instead of identifying differences, identify similarities.

[citation needed]

dazzler

28.May.13 18:40:49 | Post #21 |

You give us some similarities

Would you be glad if your children grew up in Pakistan? If you have a daughter llike me just look how they treat their women mate. Not nice

Daz

MPDawse

28.May.13 19:01:18 | Post #22 |

"The Pakistani have got nothing in common with out culture or history"

See, this is interesting to me...leaving aside your typo, Dazzler, I would be interested for you to expand on this point about culture...what do you view as your individual culture...what books do you read, what films do you watch, what art do you enjoy, what music do you like...what is your culture?

Destiny

28.May.13 20:55:17 | Post #23 |

Getting back to the rubbish being transported all over social media that a woman was arrested for carrying a Union Jack..
I was dismayed to see a person on my Facebook page who is in the Army repeat the garbage and I had to put him straight.

1. She was NOT arrested as confirmed by GMP
2.She had defaced a National Flag.
3.She had a comment on the Flag about mosques.
4. In a town centre with children passing by she was waving the said flag which had been defaced with a message about mosques

When I put him right he took it down but not after many of his army colleagues had seen the lie !!  and commented on it saying how upset they were.......

Im furious that trash like this gets spread around..  a group called Young Conservatives had repeated the message and replaced the picture on the thread with Asian people putting a Pakistani flag up a pole?  what the hell that had to do with anything I simply don't know ???

Lies are worse than ignorance because people like Dazzler who are.. forgive me Dazzler ( a little to lazy to investigate and learn for themselves) believe this rot !!!

Destiny is found on the road you took to avoid it ....

SuperG

28.May.13 21:16:20 | Post #24 |

dazzler wrote:

Would you be glad if your children grew up in Pakistan? If you have a daughter llike me just look how they treat their women mate. Not nice

I'd be fine with my daughter living in Pakistan
I would teach her (and show her) not to live in fear

[citation needed]

MarkyBoy

29.May.13 00:34:46 | Post #25 |

All this Race stuff really winds me up..... all of what has gone on over the last couple of weeks in the news is nothing to do with Race.... it's all to do with Religion

SG and his family can move to Pakistan and become Muslims should they wish.... they can also stay in this country and again become Muslims..... Raj from down the road may have been born in Afghanistan, raised by Muslim parents and decided to move to England and become a Christian or what ever other religion he chooses if that's how he feels........ myself I'm a scientific sort of person, so if you can prove something to me and show me how it's done I'm likely to believe it ..... turn some water into Wine and I will happily join whatever group it is your in tongue  but tell me some guy came back from the dead and I'm sorry but No..... i like to think I'm part of the majority in that i use rational thinking  when it comes to my beliefs but like they showed in the film Contact , the fact that i don't believe in a higher order means I'm in the minority on this planet.... this in the age where MANKIND has invented and worked out so many amazing things from the age of the Universe to the Human genome to the Smart Phone in your pocket makes me Sad   it reminds me of this scene from the Jodie Foster Film Contact ..... which if the figures are to be believed I'm part of only 5% of the population in my beliefs

DO YOU BELEIVE IN GOD ?????

In Omnibus Princeps

SuperG

29.May.13 01:06:44 | Post #26 |

It wasn't race OR religion to blame. It was extremism.
If 100% of the planet was atheist that guy would have found a different reason to hack someone to death.

[citation needed]

MarkyBoy

29.May.13 01:15:24 | Post #27 |

in the name of what ?

because they always need an excuse

In Omnibus Princeps

SuperG

29.May.13 07:04:49 | Post #28 |

They'd find an excuse very easily.

[citation needed]

CH103

29.May.13 09:32:49 | Post #29 |

I'm with SG on this one. If the problem was with religion (Islam) every muslim out there would be hacking everyone to death and they're not. It's people killing in the NAME of religion that have a problem as they use it as a front to attack innocent people. Feel good story:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/05 … 41891.html

It's just the right thing to do.

Barleycorn

29.May.13 12:22:33 | Post #30 |

EDL being watched and hit by anonymous  - a list of supporters is online - inc phone numbers and addresses.

The text

Good morning members, and leaders of the English Defense League.
We are Anonymous UK.
We have been patiently observing your organisation, as you have inflated, indoctrinating our young with your criminal mindset. You have capitalized on the misfortunes of our peoples, taking advantage of moments of fear, of terror, and of reconciliation, to spread hatred and animosity towards your fellow man. Your constant belligerence, like a pack of raving ignoramuses, furthering only bigotry and segregation. You have angered us considerably, and summoned our wrath irrevocably.
Last week, an innocent Drummer, Lee Rigby, lost his life at the hands of two vile and demented human beings in the most horrific, and heinous manner ever witnessed on the streets of Britain. This villainous public display has thrown the United Kingdom into mourning; every community, and every congregation, extending their deepest condolences.
You however, have used this as another excuse to further spread your campaign of hate, bigotry, and misinformation.
Under the guise of national pride you have instigated crimes against the innocent and incited the subjugation of Muslims. We will not allow your injustices, your lies, and your stupidity, to further radicalize our youth into fearing and despising their fellow man.

Our people are desperate for hope, in a hopeless society where our own government neglects us, where society has failed us, it is only natural to seek a relatable change maker. This sort of desperation, this quest for feeling of worth, is what you have taken advantage of.

In this operation, we will begin the systematic and comprehensive desiccation of your cult. We will further expose your falsities and your attempts to censor, to your members, to the British public, and to the world as a whole. You will fall, we can say this with complete confidence. We are everywhere, you cannot hide, you cannot win We are the voices of all and the voice of one. It will not happen over night, but we WILL be victorious.

We are Anonymous.
We are Legion.
We do not forgive.
We do not forget.
Expect us.

SO the EDL have a new foe - What do people here think?  - a valid expose, or just as bad as the EDL? 

It is locally relevant -there are manchester and oldham addresses on the list, and the EDL have been to our town before, and will no doubt return.

CH103

29.May.13 12:55:12 | Post #31 |

Just as bad in my opinion, the last thing we need is another group of vigilantes throwing their weight about and undermining the law. Yeah I know the government is to blame for this mess but shouldn't the public be pulling together on this rather than branching out to cause more havoc.

I'm sick of this world at the moment, it's like Gotham city. How I could ever bring a child into this evil place is beyond me... really depressed about it.

SuperG

29.May.13 12:57:45 | Post #32 |

I back anonymous every step of the way.
They fight for freedom of information. They fight corruption. They expose tax dodgers.

How I could ever bring a child into this evil place is beyond me

You will bring your child up well so that it contributes to a better world for future generations.

[citation needed]

The Chief

29.May.13 13:22:37 | Post #33 |

They are a load of moronic faceless gutless anarchists who hide behind the comfort of their keyboards whilst pretending to be some sort of 'V' charachter.

If you're gonna fight then be a man and show who you are instead of hiding.

The Chief

29.May.13 13:28:34 | Post #34 |

CH103 wrote:

I'm sick of this world at the moment, it's like Gotham city. How I could ever bring a child into this evil place is beyond me... really depressed about it.

True but my advice to you if your bringing up a child is to get out of Oldham, Trust me Oldham's knackered and I've been to so many places recently where it would be 100 times better to bring up a child and I for one will not be sad to leave but that’s another story

katboo

29.May.13 19:35:46 | Post #35 |

SuperG wrote:

I back anonymous every step of the way.
They fight for freedom of information. They fight corruption. They expose tax dodgers.

You will bring your child up well so that it contributes to a better world for future generations.

me too they are ok    smile

be yourself..everyone else is taken  !!!

SuperG

29.May.13 19:51:05 | Post #36 |

The Chief wrote:

My advice to you if your bringing up a child is to get out of Oldham

With respect, I disagree with this advice.
Home is home. No matter what.
If all the good folk leave an area you make it worse for those you leave behind.

[citation needed]

The Chief

29.May.13 20:40:24 | Post #37 |

No problem SG I thought you may disagree.

Even if my circumstances were different I'd still be looking for an exit.
You only have to look at and ask as to why house prices are amongst the cheapest in the country?

Desirable Oldham is not and people are deserting it like rats from a sinking ship.

SuperG

29.May.13 21:04:29 | Post #38 |

These streets are my streets.

Other towns are full of other people's streets.

That said, I like the idea of moving about a bit. But not because of wanting to leave Oldham

[citation needed]

MarkyBoy

29.May.13 21:41:16 | Post #39 |

Love them or Hate them I wouldn't want them gunning for me, keyboard warriors or not they have the power to make some people very uncomfortable

In Omnibus Princeps

SuperG

29.May.13 22:04:46 | Post #40 |

The pen is mightier than the sword.
They are modern proof of that... kind of

[citation needed]

MarkyBoy

29.May.13 22:14:40 | Post #41 |

SuperG wrote:

The pen is mightier than the sword.

Always

In Omnibus Princeps

Destiny

29.May.13 22:15:04 | Post #42 |

After 42 years of living and breathing in Oldham I am ready to leave for pastures new, this is not because I have begun to dislike, loath, fear living here but simply because my daughters travels have inspired me to do the same.  Oldham has served me well, I have grown up here in Werneth, Chadderton and finally Royton in healthy happy communities, surrounded by my large family.
Oldham has supported me through my education, working life and having and bringing up and educating my children.
I have a lot to be thankful in Oldham.

In all the 43 years I have lived here I have not had issues with the different races that also have lived here, whilst I have felt sad at times by some communities unwillingness to integrate (on both sides)

I hate Asian sex exploitation rings, I dislike "some" women having to dress and disguise themselves, I dislike favour over males than females.. however I also dislike a male dominated football/pub culture, women dressing like slappers showing their knickers whilst totally smashed and young girls dressing like street walkers..

There is something to both like and dislike in all cultures.. I don't particularly like that the French slide snails down their necks.. I seriously think I would spew !!

But its the spice of life and the problem comes about when what you don't like... becomes what you hate... becomes what you hate so much you will not tolerate... becomes what you will not tolerate and so you wish harm.... you then inflict harm... and then my dears we end up with tears and retribution on an ever increasing scale.

Oh the Horror........ to quote a famous film quote

I don't know the solution, I do not the exaggeration, lies, distorting of the truth does not bear well for us.. I have first hand experience of media exaggeration and first hand experience of community and political exaggeration and its distressing to see.. Our politicians should hang their heads in shame every time they think they have scored an additional vote for each exaggeration and distortion of the truth the pedal and ive seen it time and time again from Local Councillors on election campaigns to MP,s on Question time  to Government ministers on National TV .....

So I may move on in time, but I shall always defend my Oldham and be thankful for all that it has given me and my family.  I shall continue to contribute to its wellbeing, I shall not slag the place off once I have left it and reflect it was not as it was, because it should not be as it has always been, it should evolve into how it should be for the next generation of Oldhamers.

Peace and Love x

SuperG

29.May.13 22:18:51 | Post #43 |

Nice write up.
What part of the world have you got your eye on?

[citation needed]

Destiny

29.May.13 22:39:36 | Post #44 |

I am still undecided to be honest, my house is up for sale but its a rotten time to sell. If I don't sell I shall be renting it out so actually I may continue to keep my main home here....

I don't want to wander too far to begin with, I have a large and loving family which means too much for me to leave too far behind.

If my daughter does decide to settle in the States I can see that we would do several months there and then several months here eventually.

Ive been having a peek around Meltham.. into the Yorkshire area and I like it around Great Eccleston which again is only an hour away.

Either way I shall always see myself as a Daughter of Oldham and give back.

I think the Muslim response on condemning these terrible attacks has in the main been exceptional, we are starting to see a sea change in these communities expressing their fears for their own children around drugs, gangs, youth culture, leaving their own Muslim family belief systems behind.. The fears are no different if you are the parent of a black or white child.

We need to see more right minded Muslim representative speaking in the media instead of constantly hearing about radical preaching loonies.. it just terrifies everyone into thinking we all have one on the street corner and we do not.

All in the garden is not rosy, I am not some weed smoking hippy, I work in some truly awful areas of work and therefore I can speak from experience that disgraceful, sexist, abusive, intolerant, racist, nasty behaviour exists across all spectrums of society and I have seen love, friendship, support and affection across the full spectrum too.

MarkyBoy

29.May.13 22:53:21 | Post #45 |

2 of the best post's i've seen here this month Destiny..... Respect  x x

In Omnibus Princeps

dazzler

30.May.13 06:17:58 | Post #46 |

SuperG wrote:
dazzler wrote:

I doubt you would really once you realise how many honour killings happen to girls in that community.

Would you be fine with her having to wear a face veil too

Daz

Barleycorn

30.May.13 07:49:18 | Post #47 |

dazzler wrote:
SuperG wrote:
dazzler wrote:

I doubt you would really once you realise how many honour killings happen to girls in that community.

Would you be fine with her having to wear a face veil too

Dazzler - your crass generalisastions are letting your point down.

Sadly, the news is full of daily killings - none of which typify a race or religion, just the actions of the sad and the mad.

To use a few recent examples, perhaps you would suggest moving to rural Wales, and risk the abduction and death of your daughter, with an apparently sexual motive by white man. 
Or Telford, 17yr old missing assumed dead at the hands of a white man just charged today.
Or Croydon where a white grandad murdered his step-grandaugher, after a sexual assault.
Or Derby, where a white couple burned their many children to death in an attempted benefit fraud.
Or move to France, where a white man just slit the throats of his two children in a marital dispute.

etc etc

And these are just the recent ones that spring to mind as I type them

Shall we stereotype all these areas, because that is what "they" do there? sad

Of course, the opposite cliche of your 'daughter in a face veil'  is the cliche of 'white' popular culture , with the increasingly sleazy pressure on young white women to become sexually aware/active at younger and younger ages, and before that to mimic grown up women by dressing as little adults rather than children (push up bra's for under 10's etc etc) and then, when they are older,  to stagger around out town centres totally pi**d and wearing little more than string for clothing, whilst sexting a stranger.

So - overly modest or a right slapper... neither are a choice I want for my daughter, who thankfully is growing up as a well balanced, pleasant young lady, somewhere in the middle of those two extremes.

Barleycorn

30.May.13 07:50:36 | Post #48 |

MarkyBoy wrote:

2 of the best post's i've seen here this month Destiny..... Respect  x x

Well said.

CH103

30.May.13 08:57:03 | Post #49 |

Good point well made Barleycorn, in full agreement.

dazzler

30.May.13 18:04:44 | Post #50 |

Barlaycorn

You missed the point I made earlier. Everyone is born the same, muslims, Christians, whites , blacks all the same. So there is always going to be a certain level of crime across the board

But something is driving a massive number of people to reap havoc and death where ever they are on earth, and its called Islam

How else can you explain the fact that there has been more than 20,900 Islamic terrorist attacks in the 9/11 attacks in New York ?

Its not PC to say it, but its true.

You can bury your head in the sand if you want and hope it does not affect you or your family.

Daz

Board footer

24hr